2.03.2011

Spring shall soon be here again + other warm thoughts

I sit behind my desk in an old sweat shirt and pajama bottoms that are and two sizes too big and drag along the floor to completely enclose my sock covered feet, but yet I'm still cold.  I get up and check the thermostat, raising it just a bit and go back to my desk to edit.  A few minutes later, the same thing, dragging my pajama bottoms across the carpet as I go back and fourth a few times until Johnny follows me into the hallway, reads the themostat and says, "Geez, Triny!  It's 75 degrees in here!"  "I can't help it honey, I'm so cold!" I say in my defense.  "Well grab a blanket," he says.  "I can't edit with a blanket over me."  For a second I think about saying, 'This is why I need a Snuggi,'  but catch myself before the words exit my mouth!  Lol! It's freezing!  Literally freezing; as in ice on the inside of some of the windows in our home.  But we're not alone, across the US millions of people are facing the elements in what's being referred to in the media as 'an epic winter storm.'  Here in West Texas we've faced our own share of snow, ice, extreme temperatures and wind chill factors that haven't been felt in over 20 years!  And yet only a few days ago the weather here was BEAUTIFUL.  So beautiful in fact that Buddy had the great idea to fire up the grill and Grandpa's fire pit and have a cook out.  And so we did.  :) 

Today Punxsutawney Phil (lol!) saw his shadow, so here's to hoping he's right and spring shall soon be here again!  And my family will be able to enjoy many more nights like this!  :)









Yes, we know that the Cowboys aren't playing in the big game this weekend. 
But true fans are loyal, even when things get down.  ;)

Dad cooked on the grill like only he can. 





Laughs were shared  :)



and races were held. 





Till next time, stay warm!  :) 
-Triny


No comments: