1.26.2011

"Mom, I'm a big kid now..."

It's as though a switch went off the week of his 8th birthday, suddenly everything was about how he was no longer a child, no, he was a big kid. 
I would try to explain, "Yes, you are a big kid, but you're still a kid.  Bigger yes, another year older, yes, but still a kid." 
"Arrggh," he'd say as he would roll his eyes and look back at me, "You just don't get it!"
 "Maybe you're right Bud, maybe I don't get it.  You're my only child, the love of my life, and even though another year has passed, you're still and always will be my Baby." 
"All right Mom, just don't call me a baby, ok?!?"
 "Ok, Dude.  You got it!"  ;) 

Bud chose a bowling party at Main Event this year, you know since he's such a big kid. ;) 
It was awesome!  We had a BLAST!!!  :)















Love you Boogie!  (is that better than Baby? lol! ;)

Till next time
-Triny

No comments: